Waltz of the Wizard: Extended Edition is a virtual reality experience that lets you feel what it’s like to have magical powers. Therefore, you can have the whole wizard experience.
Watch the trailer here:
Waltz of Wizard is coming now with more spells, interactions, and secrets. In addition, combine arcane ingredients into a boiling cauldron and unleash creative or destructive wizardry upon a fully interactive world.
Extended Edition Details
Over the years devs have received many requests for content updates to the original Waltz of the Wizard, but they are a small team with new VR products in the works, for instance, they can’t commit more resources to the free version than they already have. Furthermore, the Extended Edition allows them to keep updating and supporting Waltz, while also supporting their efforts in developing new VR experiences!
The Extended Edition is a remaster of the original that adds new spells, interactions, and secrets. In other words with the performance optimizations and new options that help keep the experience an excellent showcase introduction to VR. Above all, you’ll find things like a room-scale-only locomotion option and reach-assist to make the experience more accessible for showcasing VR.
And of course, there is also improved hardware support, such as finger tracking and features for Valve’s Index Controllers!
Key parts of the experience
- Accessible and intuitive VR introduction for new users.
- Become a wizard and feel what it is like to have magical powers.
- Brew magical spells using arcane ingredients.
- Interact with a wizard’s tower full of magical artifacts.
- Travel to new places and experience strange moments.
- Uncover many hidden secrets and easter eggs.
New in the Extended Edition
- 4 new spells and 2 modified spells.
- 3x potion flasks with different magical effects.
- Several new interactive items and additional objects in the tower.
- New Achievements system.
- Ability to use fireball magic in the labyrinth area.
- Remastered visuals and effects, like a shape-precise interactive water surface in the cauldron.
- New options and accessibility improvements to make showcasing easier for new VR users (eg. physical movement only, reach assist).
- Major performance improvements.
- New crossbow mini-game and scoring systems for swordgame.
- Customer support and future updates.
- Index Controller (Knuckles) with finger tracking, optimized natural grabbing and throwing, magical spell controls (finger guns for spells, luftguitar in Symphony spell) and character reactions to finger gestures like pointing, sign of the devil and shaka sign.
In conclusion, there’s a lot of new content to explore in this remaster.
What do you think about Waltz of the Wizard? Are you interested in VR? Let us know what you think in the comments below or through our social media on Facebook and Twitter. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive gameplay and live streams!
Do you like survival games? Well, here’s an article about Remnant: From the Ashes.