It’s been finally confirmed by Microsoft. In about a year, the new Xbox generation will be available. Project Scarlett arrives on the Holiday season of 2020 with Halo as a release title. These are the specifications and key points of Project Scarlett:
- Game-centric development
- Made for the players to play whatever they want, with the people they want, on the device they want.
- Accessible to those who are not seasoned gamers.
- Shorter and fewer loading screens.
- Zen CPU 2, DDR6 memory, up to 120 fps, 8K enabled and custom SSD.
- Many studios are already developing games for Scarlett.
- Halo will be a release title.
Microsoft added in regards Halo Infinite:
The Master Chief returns in 2020 when Halo Infinite releases globally with Project Scarlett. This next chapter in 343 Industries’ legendary Halo franchise invites players to join the venerable Master Chief on an all-new adventure as he uncovers the mysteries surrounding the appearance of The Pilot and the desolate remains of a Halo ring. Halo Infinite is powered by the studio’s next-generation Slipspace Engine.
Are you excited about the new Xbox project? Let us know in the comments below! If you’re looking for more news, check our coverage from EA Play!