Today Bandai Namco and Developer Supermassive Games made a surprise announcement, The Dark Picturer Anthology: Man of Medan will have two online and offline multiplayer modes which add a totally new dimension to the game.
From the creators of Until Dawn, comes The Dark Pictures. Is a new horror adventure anthology series and the first episode of the series will be Man Of Madam. Man of Medan looks like it could be a great horror game, and since the multiplayer announcement, the probabilities just went up even more.
Here is an overview of each mode announced by Bandai Namco:
Shared Story Mode (Online)
- Share the story simultaneously with a friend in two-player online co-op.
- Both Players explore the world, make choices, -and perform actions that affect the outcome of the story and the fate of their respective characters.
- Traverse scenes through a different perspective from the single-player experience-sometimes together, sometimes apart-in totally separate scenes revealing new information, locations and scares.
Movie Night Mode (Offline)
- Play Locally in a group of up to five players with one controller, with each player taking charge of the movement, decisions, and choices of one of the five main characters.
- Players can choose between saving themselves or trying to keep their friends’ characters alive.
- At the end of each playthrough, actions and impacts will be judge- with achievements & rewards for each player.
This two modes could make the horror experience a lot more social, which could mean a more compelling playtime for everyone.
The Dark pictures: Man of Medam is set to be released on August 30 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Nintendo recently launched Super Mario Maker 2! Check our Top 5 of crazy levels to play here!