This is the Indie world showcase August 19th, 2019 Nintendo Switch curriculum. It was a showcase of just over 20 minutes in which the release dates of future games for Nintendo Switch were shown. Of which have been much expected by the community. Some of them are available today!!
Whether players are discovering the extensive catalog of indie games on Nintendo Switch for the first time or are experienced gamers wondering what to play next, they can view the video showcase here, therefore you can visit the official page just click here.
Games Available Today
- Hotline Miami Collection: Features both games in the neon-soaked, brutally challenging Hotline Miami series. Developed by Dennaton Games and published by Devolver Digital. Mixing hard-boiled gunplay and skull-crushing close combat with a grippingly surreal and mysterious storyline. This heavy-hitting two-pack of violent top-down action is available today on Nintendo Switch.
- SUPERHOT: Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem. SUPERHOT from SUPERHOT Team is an innovative and stylish first-person shooter in which time only moves when the player moves. With no regenerating health bars or conveniently placed ammo drops, players must shoot, slice and maneuver their way through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets. SUPERHOT is available today for Nintendo Switch.
Available in 2019
- Risk of Rain 2: Developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. It is the sequel to classic multiplayer roguelike Risk of Rain, adding an extra dimension and more challenging action. For instance, players can take on the game solo, or team up with friends to fight their way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet. Risk of Rain 2 launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, Explore the mysterious and beautiful forest of Nibel in the visually stunning action-platformer. Developed by Moon Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios. Winner of multiple prestigious awards, the game tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics and features hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performances and a fully orchestrated score. For instance, the Definitive Edition is scheduled to launch on Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27, and will also include numerous new features.
- Torchlight II: Developed by Panic Button/Runic Games and published by Perfect World Entertainment. It is an award-winning action RPG launching soon for Nintendo Switch. The game offers solo adventuring or online multiplayer for up to four players, also, with a huge world to explore full of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets. The Nintendo Switch version includes an exclusive in-game pet in the form of a chubby pink unicorn.
- Freedom Finger: From Wide Right Interactive. Is a music-driven, side-scrolling shooter that sends players blasting, punching and smashing their way across 37 levels of crazy cartoon action. Shoot ’em up, punch ’em and smash ’em up when Freedom Finger launches fully uncensored for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27.
- The Touriyst: Make the trip you always wanted in the action-adventure game from Shin’en. Players will have the chance to discover exotic islands, explore ancient monuments, climb into deep mines and uncover secret passageways. The Touryst is set to launch for Nintendo Switch in November.
- Skellboy: From developers Umaiki Games and publishers Fabraz. It is an action-RPG in which players can swap out not only their weapons and equipment but their body parts too! Therefore, as an accidentally resurrected hero from ancient times, players will set out on an epic journey across a vibrant fantasy world, set to a background of rocking chiptune tracks. Skellboy hacks and slashes its way onto Nintendo Switch on Dec. 3.
- EarthNight: From Cleaversoft is a beautifully hand-illustrated 2D platformer about the dragon apocalypse and a love letter to classic arcade games. Humans have been exiled to space, dragons have taken over the Earth and it’s up to a 14-year-old schoolkid and a freelance photographer to stop them. For instance, EarthNight launches on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Yourupa: Developed and published by frecle. Is a gravity-defying puzzle-platform paint adventure about breaking rules, being upside down and thinking outside the box. With physical puzzles, riddles, ferocious enemies, environmental hazards and more, in other words Youropa is a mind-bending adventure that will challenge players’ perception of the third dimension. Youropa will come to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
Available at 2020
- Dungeon Defenders: Awakened from Chromatic Games is the newest installment in the popular Dungeon Defenders franchise. The gameplay of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened is the ultimate combination of action-RPG and strategic tower defense, where players can choose from four unique heroes and join forces with friends in up to four-player split-screen cooperative gameplay. For instance, Dungeon Defenders: Awakened launches as a timed console exclusive for Nintendo Switch on February 2020.
- Skater XL: From Easy Day Studios Pty Ltd. Is the next evolution in skateboarding video games that bring the fun, creativity, and culture of skateboarding to the digital world. Created by a team of passionate skateboarders, Skater XL allows players to add style and expression to their tricks without the limits of pre-made animation. For instance Skater XL comes to Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- Röki: Developed by Polygon Treehouse and published by United Label. Is an adventure game inspired by Scandinavian folklore – a dark contemporary fairy tale underpinned by a touching narrative, alluring art style, ancient puzzles, and atmospheric exploration. Above all with its nonviolent gameplay, approachable controls, and universal themes, Röki is coming to Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Eastward: Discover a beautifully detailed post-apocalyptic world in Eastward. An adventure game with RPG elements from developers Pixpil and publishers Chucklefish. In a near-future society on the brink of collapse, a hardworking miner called John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground facility. After that this unlikely pair will embark on an emotional journey across a wonderfully weird world, exploring bustling towns, and shady forests. Eastward is scheduled to arrive on Nintendo Switch in early 2020.
In addition, players can look forward to even greater indie games, including:
- Blasphemous (Team17) – Sept. 10, 2019
- Close to the Sun (Wired Productions) – 2019
- Cat Quest II (PQube Limited) – Fall 2019
- Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus) – Spring 2020
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (Modus Games)
- Creature in the Well (Flight School Studio) – Sept. 6
- One Finger Death Punch 2 (Silver Dollar Games) – Dec. 2
- Best Friend Forever(Alliance) – Feb. 14, 2020
- PHOGS! (Coatsink) – Early 2020
- WHAT THE GOLF? (Triband) – Winter 2019
- KINE (Chump Squad) – 2019
- HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed(Digital Cyber Cherries) – Winter 2019
- Northgard (Shiro Games) – Sept. 26, 2019
- Sparklite (Merge Games) – Fall 2019
- Munchkin: Quacked Quest (Asmodee Digital) – Fall 2019
In conclusion, what do you think about Nintendo’s Indie World showcase? If so, let us know what you think in the comments below or through our social media on Facebook and Twitter. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive gameplay and live streams.
Speaking of upcoming titles, check out a list of upcoming PS4 titles in this article we’ve prepared for you.