WayForward reveals details for Shantae and the Seven Sirens. Having previously announced the next game in the Shantae series back in March, independent game studio WayForward is proud to reveal the official title for the hotly anticipated action-adventure-platformer: Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
Watch the first look here:
Formerly referred to as Shantae 5, Shantae and the Seven Sirens sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island. There, Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise. Furthermore, Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.
In conclusion, the game will be released Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade, Shantae and the Seven Sirens is the fifth entry in the Shantae series, which originally debuted on Game Boy Color in 2002.
- Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Collect and power up with monster cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
What do you think about Shantae and the Seven Sirens? Are you excited about the new Shantae game? Let us know what you think in the comments below or through our social media on Facebook and Twitter. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive gameplay and live streams!