Team17 just announced that brutal action-adventure game Blasphemous has launched on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Developed by Seville-based studio, the Game Kitchen, Blasphemous features pixel-perfect, hack ‘n’ slash action married to a deep narrative. Also, has historical references and Metroidvania gameplay, which takes players on a punishing journey through the cursed world of Cvstodia.
Watch the Launch Trailer here:
Blasphemous game’s plot
Story: A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants – it is simply known as The Miracle. Play as The Penitent One – a sole survivor of the massacre of the ‘Silent Sorrow’. Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it’s down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish.
Explore this nightmarish world of twisted religion and discover its many secrets hidden deep inside. Use devastating combos and brutal executions to smite the hordes of grotesque monsters and titanic bosses, all ready to rip you limb from limb. Locate and equip relics, rosary beads, and prayers that call on the powers of the heavens to aid you in your quest to break your eternal damnation.
- Explore a Non-Linear World: Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes, and search for redemption in the dark gothic world of Cvstodia.
- Brutal Combat: Release the power of Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt itself, to slaughter your foes. Also, acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge all in your path.
- Executions: Unleash your wrath and relish in the gory dismemberment of your adversaries – all in beautifully rendered, pixel-perfect execution animations.
- Customize Your Build: Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers, and Sword Hearts to give you the new abilities and stat boosts you need to survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.
- Intense Boss Battles: Hordes of gigantic, twisted creatures stand between you and your goal. Learn how they move, survive their devastating attacks and emerge victoriously.
- Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia: The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid, some may ask for something in return. Uncover the stories and fates of these tortured characters to gain rewards and a deeper understanding of the dark world you inhabit.
Blighted by a foul curse known as ‘The Miracle’ and inhabited by twisted monsters and unforgiving bosses, Cvstodia’s only hope for redemption rests with ‘The Penitent One’, the sole survivor of the ‘Silent Sorrow’ massacre. In addition, as ‘The Penitent One’ players will enter a nightmarish cycle of death and rebirth where suffering and failure are only temporary obstacles. ‘The Penitent One’s sword, the Mea Culpa, will become a true force to be reckoned with; cutting its way through a seemingly never-ending horde of enemies and increasingly tougher bosses with brutal force.
Blasphemous is now available digitally on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC
Are you into action-adventure games like Blasphemous? Let us know in the comments below or through our social media on Facebook and Twitter. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive gameplay and live streams!
Are you a sci-fi RPG fan? If so, you’ll glad to know what, Star Ocean First Departure R will soon be available on PS4 and Switch. Read all about it here.
Besides checking out Blasphemous, don’t forget to participate in our $60 Amazon Gift card giveaway this month! Click right here to participate.